Professional Legal Staff Positions
The firm accepts applications for its professional legal staff throughout the year. If you would like more information on current openings, you may send an e-mail to Janice Murray or request information by mail:
- A competitive salary
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Paid holidays
- Priority Health Insurance and Dependent Care Flex Expense Account
- Retirement 401(k) – employer-funded
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Paid Life and Disability Insurances
- Voluntary Dental, Vision, Long-Term Care and Supplemental Life Insurances
- Paid covered parking
- Pleasant work environment
Please send your resume to Janice Murray, Mika Meyers PLC, 900 Monroe Avenue NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The firm has a position available for a paralegal to work with its Business & Commercial, Real Estate, and Trust & Estates practice groups. Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of company record and minute books, resolutions, entity formation documents, promissory notes, and contracts
- Preparation of real estate agreements, deeds, mortgages, easements and other real estate documents, and an understanding of legal descriptions and matters of title
- Preparation of probate documents, including applications, letters of authority, affidavits, petitions for appointment of guardian and conservator, inventories, accountings and distribution schedules
- Trust administration
The candidate must demonstrate exceptional client service, independent judgment and sound discretion, must provide concise and effective written and verbal communication, and must possess pro-active, detail-oriented work practices with strong organizational and time management skills.
Strong consideration will be given to candidates who have an advanced knowledge of the court rules, procedures, and laws relating to probate and trust administration, and to candidates who have an in-depth knowledge of Word, Excel, Adobe and a working knowledge of TValues, Hot Docs and Worldox.
Compensation will be commensurate with education, skills and experience. Benefits include health, life, disability, and long-term care insurance, 401(k) contributions, and paid time off.
No phone calls please. Mika Meyers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.