Litigation Legal Assistant
The firm is currently seeking a full-time Litigation Legal Assistant for a position in its Grand Rapids office. Prior experience or exposure in municipal, civil litigation and real estate practice areas preferred.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate exceptional client service, independent judgment, and sound discretion. Must provide concise and effective written and verbal communication skills, detail-oriented with strong organizational and time management skills. Proficiency in Office 365 (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe) and Worldox (document management program) is a plus. Candidates with an associates or bachelors’ degree from an accredited college or equivalent experience preferred. Compensation will be commensurate with education, skills, and experience.
- Drafting legal documents
- Assisting attorneys with court filings, docketing cases, and other litigation-related tasks
- Calendaring, opening, and maintaining paper and electronic files
- Document organization, calendaring deadlines, client communications, scheduling meetings, and file organization
- Working in a team structured environment
- Other legal assistant related tasks as needed
- Health, dental and vision Insurances
- Life Insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Long-term care insurances
- Generous 401(k) contributions
- Paid time off, paid holidays, paid covered parking
- Pleasant work environment
If interested, please send your resume and writing samples to Janice Murray, Mika Meyers PLC, 900 Monroe Ave., N.W., Grand Rapids, MI 49503, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please. Mika Meyers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.