Litigation Legal Assistant
Mika Meyers is currently seeking a full-time litigation legal assistant for a position in its Grand Rapids office. This person will assist their assigned Attorneys and/or Paralegals with day-to-day matters in a busy practice, as well as provide support for administration and other staff as needed. The litigation legal assistant assignment will focus on divorce and family law, civil litigation, and estate planning and administration.
- Assisting Attorneys and/or Paralegals with court filings, scheduling, docketing, calculating and communicating deadlines, and other litigation-related tasks
- Providing general office support – maintain and organize files, photocopy, maintain calendars, coordinate meetings, calls and conferences to include ordering meals, and scheduling conference rooms
- Communicating with clients
- Opening and maintaining files
- Preparing correspondence, documents, and pleadings; take responsibility for formatting, consistency, and accuracy on time-sensitive, high-profile documents
- Maintaining paper and electronic filing systems, sort and file correspondence, records, and other documents
- Associate degree from an accredited college or equivalent experience
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills
- Proficient with Office 365 (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe)
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
- Self-motivated and able to meet deadlines
- Willing to learn
- Able to work in a team structured environment, as well as independently
- Experience with Litigation (focus on family law
- Experience with Worldox or a similar document management program
Compensation will be commensurate with education, skills, and experience.
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Group Long and Short-Term Disability
- Long-term care insurance
- Generous 401(K) contributions
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Paid attached covered parking
- Pleasant work environment
- Paid On-site Gym Membership
If interested, please send your resume and transcript to, Elias Noriega, Mika Meyers, 900 Monroe Ave NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, or by email to email@example.com.
No phone calls please. Mika Meyers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.