- Practice Areas
Mergers & Acquisitions
Guiding Michigan's Industry and Business Growth
At Mika Meyers, we are prepared to assist our clients in mergers and acquisitions involving venture capitalized corporations, closely-held entities, and large, publicly traded companies. Below is a summary of M&A services offered by our business law practice. For more information, or to make arrangements to speak with an attorney about a transaction, please contact our office.
We handle transactions involving: mergers, stock purchases, asset purchases, and stock swaps; joint ventures; auction transactions; public-to-private transactions; spin-offs and roll-ups; reorganizations, re-incorporations, and restructurings; tender and exchange offers; cross-border acquisitions; leveraged buy-outs; purchases and sales of minority and controlling stock positions; and stockholder rights plans.
Comprehensive Legal Services Related to Mergers & Acquisitions
Our lawyers provide comprehensive legal services, including advice on structuring of potential transactions, pre-acquisition due diligence, negotiating and drafting agreements, assistance with finance, and assistance with state and federal agency filings, including:
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Federal Trade Commission (FTC) compliance
- Acquisition agreements and letters of intent
- Stock purchase, asset purchase, and reorganization agreements
- Confidentiality agreements, non-compete agreements, employment agreements, severance plans, stock option plans
- Government filings, reports, and petitions regarding anti-trust, competition, and immigration
- Consulting and engagement agreements with investment banking firms
- Loan commitment agreements, security agreements
- Voting agreements, prospectuses, proxy statements, information statements, stockholder rights plansundefined
The following lawyers are experienced in providing services to businesses: