Technology & Intellectual Property Law
Our firm offers a variety of services in connection with the protection of technology and intellectual property. We have also developed a cross-disciplinary team of attorneys who provide comprehensive representation of clients faced with novel transactional and litigation issues associated with doing business electronically. Our work in this area includes legal services tailored to both emerging Internet companies, existing companies who seek to do business on the web, and companies creating, using or providing technology.
Our attorneys counsel clients regarding the following issues:
- Intellectual Property. Counseling regarding acquisition and use of intellectual property rights for businesses; negotiation and preparation of licenses, escrow documents, maintenance agreements, and other documents; trademark, copyright and trade secret protection; infringement avoidance; and trade secret protection.
- Advertising and Marketing. Assistance with advertising or promoting products or services via the Internet or through other electronic media.
- Domain Names. Domain name selection and registration; enforcement of rights in existing domain names.
- Website Development and Maintenance. Drafting website development agreements and web hosting agreements and auditing website content for potential problems.
- Tax and Other Regulatory Compliance. Sales and use tax issues, laws regarding licenses to do business, and other business issues.
- Financial Institutions. Research and compliance with federal and state laws regarding advertising and conducting business via the Internet.
- Security, Privacy and Electronic Mail Policies. Drafting privacy policies; drafting policies governing employee Internet and e-mail usage; drafting information security policies and practices; and counseling regarding data breaches.
- Contracting. Terms and conditions of websites and transactions; preparation and review of documents involved with e-commerce, electronic contracting, and technology procurement and licensing.
- Software and Technology Agreements. Drafting and review of software license agreements, maintenance and support agreements, and other agreements relating to the use and/or purchase of technology.
- Litigation and Commercial Disputes. Trademark and copyright infringement, misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of contract, breach of warranty, and other commercial disputes.
- Apr 20 2017
- Apr 19 2017
- Apr 13 2017
- Apr 12 2017
- Mar 21 2017
Contact us to schedule an appointment with an experienced technology and intellectual property law attorney.