Technology and Intellectual Property Lawyers
Bring us your technology and IP challenges. We’re here to meet them with a high level of understanding and expertise.
Our firm offers a variety of services in connection with the protection of technology and intellectual property. Our work in this area includes legal services tailored to those creating, using, or providing this property, and also to companies who wish to use technology and intellectual property created by others.
The following is a sample of the types of issues our IP attorneys handle for clients:
- Licensing, acquisition, and use of trademarks and copyrighted materials
- Search and clearance of trademarks
- Preparing and prosecuting trademark applications with the United States Patent and Trademark Office, state trademark offices, and other filing offices
- Prosecution of cancellation, opposition and appeal proceedings in front of the Trademark Trial and Appeals Board
- Preparing and prosecuting applications for copyright registration
- Prosecuting and defending Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) notices and takedown claims
- Enforcing rights in trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets, resolving disputes, and litigation
- Enforcing rights in domain names against cybersquatters through the World Intellectual Property Organization
- Conducting due diligence investigations in connection with corporate transactions
- Negotiation of agreements to protect business/ proprietary and confidential data, including covenants not to compete and non-solicitation agreements
- Licensing, acquisition, and use of technology
- Negotiating software license agreements, maintenance and support agreements, “as a service” agreements, escrow agreements
- Negotiating development agreements and professional services agreements
- Responding to audit demands from the BSA, SIIA, and software manufacturers
- Drafting privacy policies
- Drafting policies governing employee Internet and e-mail usage
- Drafting information security policies and practices
- Counseling regarding data breaches
- Assistance with compliance within laws and regulations relating to the promotion of products or services online
- Domain name selection and registration
- Enforcement of rights in existing domain names
- Drafting website development agreements and web hosting agreements
- Counseling regarding compliance with federal and state laws regarding advertising and conducting business via the Internet
Our attorneys provide comprehensive protection for clients’ intellectual property, including counseling on trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, and technology law. We also handle litigation involving trademark, copyright, trade secret, technology, privacy and cybersecurity and technology law.
Our litigation group has extensive experience in diverse and complex technologies that allows us to provide a full range of intellectual property services. If you have questions in this area and are looking for experienced IP lawyers in Michigan, contact Mika Meyers to learn more about what we offer. Fill out our online contact form or call us at (616) 632-8000 to get in touch with our team.
We Can Help
Meet the capable attorneys who specialize in this practice area.